Sunday, October 23, 2011

A Ferly Day

Since my last post a lot has gone on here. I'm continuing with classes and getting ready for a change, but I guess I have a while to wait until next semester.

Two weeks ago turkey was on sale at Kroger, we decided to buy one and have our own thanksgiving since I will be in PA and Tyler will stay home for real Thanksgiving. I did all my research, looked up recipes for traditional dishes, watched videos on how to cook a turkey, and even made homemade gravy. Everything turned out wonderfully, except, when I went to carve the turkey (something I did not look up how to do, I re-murdered it) I realized that although I had gotten the neck out, I left the heart and liver in. Who decided they should be in a completely different spot? That's silly. But our Thanksgiving was delicious, and we are still enjoying the leftovers.

We have been working around the house gradually to keep making things more homey. This past week I went at our couch with a knife to fluff it back up. It looks 10x better, except for the scars... but I figure one I get a cover on it, that wont matter.

This weekend was exciting for us. We went on a date night last night to Hibachi, a nearby Japanese Buffet. Picture an oriental Ryan's with way better food and that is what it was. And today, I went to a signing lunch in which people from the Deaf community and the ASL students had lunch together and signed. Pretty self explanatory, but that was really interesting and fun for me. I love watching the 3rd and 4th year students knowing that if they can learn the language, I can too.

Well sorry there are no pictures. I have been finishing the editing of our wedding pictures and cannot work up enough energy to look through more.

1 comment:

  1. I've cooked the innards-in-a-bag-in-a-random-body-cavity twice...why, oh why do they do that anyway?! Sounds like you are having a wonderful time creating and settling your nest!

    ReplyDelete